Monday, November 3, 2008

Sustainable Mobility.......What can this mean to me?

After much confusion from the project the title, I developed a response to the project that could be considered slightly different to others. I believe our course allows us to look differently at project and respond in a different way. Therefore I have interpruted the brief very loosely, I havent seen it as a fixed 3d outcome that reflects the projects title "Sustainable Mobility" in an obvious way.

Project Statement:
Collecting and accumulating a range of objects from various means, to create a piece that pokes fun at the innocent and impractical. Whilst documenting the history of the objects and the journey they are going to make.

Aim: To create an impractical, fun, innocent, playful piece to represent the title of this brief. Reflecting back at my statement and gathering a body of research, I then started considering how this project could play upon the impractical, fun, mocking elements.

So I then moved onto looking at the mobility of objects, how they can change in meaning or how I could change their meaning. The outcome I am hoping for is a performance piece that reflects my own personal journey in this module and looks at the migration of emotions and how material objects can change. And in this performance piece I plan to use myself and my own attachment to the objects. At the moment I am considering the possibilities of a book, dvd or/and a collection.

Influences for this project: Jake and Dinos Chapman, Brothers Quay, Alan Carroll, Yoko Ono



No comments: